Sunday, May 31, 2020

Principal's Message - 5/31/20

Good evening, this is Dr. Kennedy, principal of Forbush High School. I hope everyone has had a relaxing weekend so far. I have a few announcements and updates I would like to share with you this evening.

Virtual Graduation Ceremonies
I want to begin by thanking all of our graduating seniors and their families for participating in the first two days of our Virtual Graduation ceremonies last week. Our first two days went very well and it was great to see so many of our graduates participating in the ceremonies. Parents and family members, we hope you enjoyed the opportunity to watch your graduate receive his or her diploma during these ceremonies. Seniors, we still have two more days available to participate and be recorded for our Virtual Graduation video. We will continue ceremonies tomorrow (Monday, June 1) and conclude on Tuesday, June 2. Please call the school or email me or our Graduation Advisor, Daniel Hutchens (daniel.hutchens@yadkin.k12.nc.us) if you have any questions. In addition to being recorded receiving your diploma, you will also have the opportunity to take some pictures with your family. Thanks again and we look forward to celebrating with you over the next two days.

Summer Hours
The 2019-2020 school year has officially come to a close. Grades have been finalized and report cards will be available beginning June 8 for pick up in the office. Grades can also be accessed via PowerSchool. Beginning tomorrow (Monday, June 1), we will begin our summer hours. The Forbush High School office will be open from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday. We will be closed on Fridays. If you have any instructional materials that need to be turned in, including chromebooks, please bring those items to our office as soon as possible.

Thank You
That is all for this evening. This will be my final Sunday phone message to you as principal of Forbush High School. I will be stepping into a new role in the coming weeks as Director of Secondary Schools and CTE for Yadkin County Schools. While I am excited about this new opportunity, it is definitely bittersweet, as I have greatly enjoyed my time here at Forbush High School. However, I am grateful that I will still be a part of the Forbush community, albeit in a different role, as these last four years in Yadkin County have been very special to me and my family. It has been an honor and a privilege to have served as your principal. Thank you for your support of me, our staff, and the students here at Forbush High School. I will forever remember and cherish my time here as principal of this great school.

So for one final time… as a reminder, be sure to follow Forbush High School on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram for announcements and updates. Also, please feel free to contact me anytime if you ever have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your time this evening, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment