Sunday, August 7, 2016

Principal's Message - 8/7/16

Good evening, this is Mr. Kennedy, principal of Forbush High School. I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and getting ready for the start of another school year.

I want to take a moment to introduce myself. I am excited to join Forbush High School and I am looking forward to leading the excellent teachers and staff who make up this high-achieving institution. I have heard nothing but great things about the Forbush students and community; the pride that so many have in this school is exciting and my goal is to continue Forbush High School’s rich tradition of excellence.

One of my main objectives this year will be to increase communication between the school and community. To accomplish this goal, we have created a Twitter account and updated our Facebook page. You can follow us on Twitter at “ForbushHS,” and you can like us on Facebook as well. We will be posting daily event reminders and information, so please connect with us on those platforms.

We also have a revamped school website. Most of the site is still under construction, but the calendar of events has been updated and various school announcements have also been posted.

I would like to close this evening by reminding you about some upcoming events at Forbush:

Our DECA organization is hosting an Inside-Out Movie Night on Thursday, August 11 at the Yadkin Arts Council. There will be an optional pizza dinner at 5:30 and a movie showing at 7:00 at Willingham Theatre.

Information regarding student parking passes and Chromebook distribution has been posted to Facebook and Twitter. Please visit either site for more information and feel free to give us a call at the school if you have any questions.

Once again, I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of their summer and I am looking forward to the start of a new school year. Thank you very much for your time this evening. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment